Mix and match your favorite berries to create your own unique version of Ball®’s Mixed Berry Jam recipe. This summer staple goes a long way. Add some dried chipotle chili pepper to the recipe for a zesty marinade to pork or salmon, or try some mixed in with a glass of sparkling water for a refreshing poolside spritzer.
4 cups crushed berries, mix and match your favorites such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
4 ½ Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
3 cups sugar
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
2. Combine berries in an 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
4. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
5. Ladle filled jars in canner ensuring jars are covered by 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring water to gentle, steady boil.
6. Process jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.