Full of ripe peaches and toasted almonds, Ball®’s Peach Almond Jam is a delightful addition to your pantry this season! Spread this flavorful jam on your morning toast or have atop a bowl of yogurt. You can even use this flavorful jam with your favorite ice cream for a cool, sweet summer snack!
2 ½ pounds ripe peaches, peeled and diced
2 Tablespoon bottled lemon juice
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready to use, do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
2. Place peaches in a wide heavy bottomed saucepan. Use a potato masher to gently break peaches down.
3. Combine all ingredients, except toasted almonds, in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir jam frequently until it thickens and reaches gelling point (220°), about 15-20 minutes. Stir in toasted almonds.
4. Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
5. Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.
Pairs well with: Yogurt or Ice Cream