For a tropical taste this summer try Ball®’s Pineapple Jalapeño Relish. With sweet ripe pineapple, tangy apple cider vinegar, and the heat of jalapeño, this relish is packed with flavor. Pair this sweet and spicy recipe with grilled fish or turkey burgers this summer!
8 cups diced pineapple (2 fresh pineapples or from frozen)
1 medium red onion, diced (about 1 ½ cups)
4-6 Jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground coriander seed
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready to use, do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
2. Pulse pineapple, red onion and jalapeno in the bowl of a food processor a few times just to fine chop, being careful not to puree.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a non-reactive pot set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pineapple mixture and simmer, stirring, until liquid has reduced by half, about 15-20 minutes.
4. Ladle hot relish into a hot jar leaving a ½ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
5. Process jars 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.
*Wear gloves when working with hot peppers.
Pairs well with: Grilled Pork Chops